[HPADM] Unison/OCAML

From: Paul van Westerlaak (Paul.van.Westerlaak@rivm.nl)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 05:50:39 EDT

Hi all,

I'm using the "Unison" file synchronization tool (
http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison ) between Windows and Linux
systems and I would like to use it on our HP-UX 11i systems too.
Unfortunately I can't find any binary for HP-UX so I have to compile the
source.
To complicate things, Unison is written in "Objective Caml" so I need the
"ocaml" compiler, but I can't find a HP-UX binary so I have to compile the
source (sounds familiar :-).

To complicate things even further I can't compile the ocaml compiler:

* With the HP ANSI C compiler I get a "memory fault (coredump)" somewhere
deep in the make process (in extract.crc).
* The GNU C compiler (v 3.2) supplied by the HP-UX Software Porting and
Archive Center dies with parse errors in "socket.h". (This seems to be a
"known error").
* With the HP supplied GCC compiler (v 3.2) the make process dies with
another obscure error (Error while loading "../boot/pa_ifdef.cmo": no
implementation available for Obj.)

As I'm no C programmer I'm stuck.

Can anybody point me to working HP-UX (11i) Unison or OCAML binaries?

TIA,

Paul