[HPADM] /usr/lib & /usr/local/lib problem

From: Quy NGUYEN DAI (quy.nguyendai@gdtech.net)
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 08:34:03 EDT

Hi,

In fact I installed "xli" prog (depot from HPUX porting software) which
needs zlib, libpng & libjpeg. All 3 libraries were installed in
/usr/local/... xli is install at /opt/xli/... when I run
/opt/xli/bin/xli I see the error message:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libz.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
ABORT instruction

zlib is installed at /usr/local :

> ll /usr/local/lib/libz*
-rw-r--r-- 1 root sys 75500 Jul 1 2002
/usr/local/lib/libz.a
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root sys 65536 Jul 1 2002
/usr/local/lib/libz.sl

I not like to create sym link in this case.
Could you tell me what I have to do please.

Under Linux there is a config file /etc/ld.so.conf in which I can add
the path of libraries and run "ldconfig" for cache update... Is there
some thing like this in HP-UX 11.00 ?

TIA,
Best regards,

Quy NGUYEN-DAI