[HPADM] MAX PV 'max-ed' out

From: admin@cf2tree.com
Date: Thu Apr 17 2003 - 01:39:12 EDT

Hi,
10.20 running on a K420

I have a VG in this system that badly needs disk space. I cannot add any new
disk to it because the 'MAX PV' is at the top of its limit. Everybody told me
that I had to re-build this volume group, but I am wondering if there is any
other ways at all to avoid doing this.

If I vgexport this volume group, re-create a new vg with the same name, but
higher 'MAX PV' value, and then vgimport all the LVs back into this volume
group, would it work? It probably would not, because no such procedures were
mentioned by any body, but can anyone explain to me why it would not work?

TIA