[HPADM] Re: upgrading to DataProtector 5.0

From: Ben Le (ble@pcc.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 09 2003 - 12:19:44 EDT

Kelvin,

You should check with HP or other vendors for " DLT/LTO tape library". We
are using HP SureStore Ultrium LTO Library 2/20 (2 drives - 20 slots each
drive). Do you have the vendor upgrade from OmniBack to DataProtector for
you or you'll do yourself? I'd interest to know how the upgrade is going
because soon or later, I'd be doing so. Thanks.

Ben

At 07:34 AM 4/9/2003 +0200, Epstein, Kevin wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>Sorry about the slightly OT post.
>We are wanting to upgrade from Omniback 4.0 to DataProtector 5.0, and want
>to first purchase the multi drive extension/UNIX add on. Our Vendor that
>we purchase from has now told us that HP has stopped selling multidrive
>extensions, and instead we have to now buy several single drive extensions
>instead, at a much larger cost. Has anyone else had the same feedback?
>What about our Cell managers that already have the multidrive extension
>installed? Will they still be recognised by DP 5.0 ?
>
>Rgds,
>Kevin Epstein
>UTi - Centurion

Benjamin Le