[HPADM] backup policy with fbackup on dds3 with 45gb data

From: John F (johnf@postmaster.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 06 2003 - 04:25:35 EDT

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Hi,
I have inherited one HP system recently. There is no backup policy yet. It is having a datasize of 45GB and it has one dds-3 tape drive which can accommodate around 24gb compressed. I want to use fbackup to backup this system . This is a critical system but I do not know how I can I backup the data through cron job to contain the full data. We do not have anyother backup tools and tape libraries. We have to depend on the dds3 tape drive and cron jobs.

Can anyone suggest a right backup policy with the right command and options. I need to restore the system in full mode if in case a crash happens.

Thank you.
JF

--
What 5 events make up the Modern Pentathlon?
Find out at postmaster.co.uk
http://www.postmaster.co.uk/cgi-bin/meme/quiz.pl?id=230