[HPADM] SUMMARY: ups_mond messages on console and syslog.log

From: Whittemore, Dale (dale.whittemore@lmco.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 10:51:56 EST

Thanks to Jack Gallagher for pointing me in the right direction.

He asked if another process like a getty was on the same port. 'getty' was.
I tweaked inittab, commenting out the lines for those tty's then did an
'init q'.
In the mean time I hit the ITRC Knowledge base again and found that the
documentation that ships with the equipment says use port 1 '/dev/tty0p1'
but I have GSP firmware revision B.02.17 which uses '/dev/tty0p3' for the
UPS. Knowledge base document is UCMDSKBRC00010861 if your interested.
Made the change to the '/etc/ups_conf' file and restarted ups_mond using sam
and all is well.

Thanks

Dale A. Whittemore
Computer Systems Analyst, Senior
Lockheed Martin Enterprise Information Systems
Denver, Colorado