[HPADM] SUMMARY User names question

From: Scott Adderson (EMP) (Scott.Adderson@eml.ericsson.se)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 04:47:00 EST

OK, some informative and also amusing responses :-), confirming our thoughts on this. Although we've done some testing with numeric usernames on their system and not seen any problems so far, we are recommending our customer stick to convention to avoid any future potential problems.

With thanks to Jack Gallagher, Rita Workman, Thierry Itty, Ed, Corne Beerse, Steve Illgen, Tom Myers and David Lodge.

The consensus was although it's possible to force and may be OK in some cases, it's not how the system was designed to work and could have an unpredictable outcome.

I've included David's response as it summarises quite nicely.

Thanks!

Scott