[HPADM] Trimming huge log files from the top

From: Epstein, Kevin (kepstein@uti.co.za)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 04:51:17 EST

Hi All,

I was wondering if it's at all possible to trim huge log files BUT from the
top of the log. i.e. it will leave the most recent entries at the bottom of
the file. I want to do this while the daemon writing to the file is still
running. Is this possible? If so - how would I do it. I will summarise.
Thanks.

Rgds,
Kevin Epstein
UTi - Centurion