[HPADM] [ SUMMARY ] Wanted : Suggestions on an E-MAIL only account

From: redhatcat (redhatcat@fastdial.net)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 21:42:40 EST

SUMMARY
   thanks for all the possibities ! At the moment -- I will be giving #3 a
try (multiple responders suggested it)

   1- use procmail

   2- use postfix
Use Postfix and virtual users , it does the trick
see at http://www.postfix.org

   3- /etc/mail/aliases
 No problem. That is the purpose of /etc/mail/aliases
  In it's simplest form:
  email-test: "| /fullpath/email_script"
   --or--
just set it up in /etc/aliases file and run newaliases. the alias should
point to "|script_that_deals_with_the_email"

    4- ACCOUNT
Set the user shell to /usr/bin/false
Even with successful authentication he will not be able to log onto the
machine.