[HPADM] Summary: monitoring failover lan interface in MC/SG envi ronment

From: Copeland, Daniel (Daniel.Copeland@alcoa.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 08:15:22 EST

Thanks to:
        Randy Ketner
        Tom Harrison
        Vinod Kumar
        Robin Marquis

In addition to my thoughts on monitoring this, the following was suggested:

This is not terribly graceful but it is simple and it works. I put the
following in a script and execute it via cron every 15 minutes. It sends a
message to my pager displaying which component of the cluster is "down"
including lan interfaces.

if [ "`/usr/sbin/cmviewcl -v | grep down`" != "" ]; then
   /usr/telalert/telalertc -i Pager -m "`/usr/sbin/cmviewcl -v -p OpC | grep
disabled`" 2>&1 >> /log/testpage.log
fi

Why don't you try Open NMS is a free Network Monitoring Tool on Linux
and then setup is also not that difficult, i have tried this earlier, in
my setup and my management accepted it without any problem since it is a
free, It works on polling, which i guess will fit your requirement

Thanks again,
Dan