[HPADM] RE: /dev/hil1 device

From: Kevin Davisson (kdavis@woodward.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 10:19:40 EST

Mark,
  We've been running ME10 here for a dozen years. The license server now
runs on the L2000 (from a serial dongle), but at one time the dongle
attached to the HIL chain. HIL was HP's proprietary bus that they used to
daisy chain the keyboard, mouse, and other devices (like the ME10 license
module). If you find the module, make sure you make it the first device in
the chain (if the wires go from the 715 to the module to the keyboard to the
mouse, the module is /dev/hil1, keyboard is /dev/hil2, etc...)
Good luck
Kevin