[HPADM] SUMMARY Configuration setting for HP-PB 100 BASE TX card

From: Julian Rogan (Julian.Rogan@Unilever.com)
Date: Fri Feb 07 2003 - 04:50:08 EST

Many thanks to the very many who replied (and still are).

Most said the setting should be set to "100FD"
Some said I was editing the wrong file and it should be "
/etc/rc.config.d/hpbase100conf"
Some gave the command line required for changing the settings. "lanadmin
-X 100FD ppa/nmid".
Some said check for patches required to make this work.

Bill Hassel stated the following:

"The HP-PB card is half-duplex only. HP-PB is very old (and very
clunky)technology. The card and backplane can't begin to keep a 100BaseT
LAN busy (expect a maximum of 35-40 Mbit equivalent throughput).
The HP-PB architecture even prevents higher throughput with more LAN
cards. The aggregate of all HP-PB cards in the system is no more than
40Mbits."