[HPADM] SUMMARY Ultrium tapes

From: Kevin Davisson (kdavis@woodward.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 09:20:45 EST

  The HP link
http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/products/media/tapebackup_media/index.ht
ml was broken at the time, but it's up again.

Thanks to all who have pointed out that these new tapes are only for the Gen
2 drives. Note that Gen-2 drives can use Gen-1 media, but that Gen-1 drives
cannot use Gen-2 media... Now if HP would hurry up and release an LTO
Ultrium Generation-2 autochanger I'd be all set...
Kevin

Original Post

Hi Admins,
  I was just shopping for LTO Ultrium tapes, and saw that the C7972A (200GB
Native/Uncompressed, 400GB Compressed LTO Ultrium tape cartridge) is now
available.
Can anyone tell me if this new higher density tape will work in my 1/9
Autochanger (HP Ultrium Generation 1 drive)???

Kevin M Davisson
Information Technology Dept.
Woodward Governor Company
PH# 815-639-6272

***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and intended solely for the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received this
e-mail in error please notify the sender by return e-mail, delete this
e-mail, and refrain from any disclosure or action based on the information.
****