[HPADM] Extending Mirrored Logical Volume

From: Smith, Rob (rob.smith@genzyme.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:37:42 EST

Hello All,
This seems to be a really simple task but for some reason I am second
guessing myself. I have a Volume Group with 2 Logical Volumes. One is
barely used, the other is almost full. The plan is to delete one and then
use the reclaimed space to extend the other. Both Logical Volumes are
mirrored onto a single disk. There are two disks in the Volume Group, one
for the data and the other for the mirrors. Here are my steps.
1) Backup the data on both Logical Volumes.
2) Unmount LV3
3) Lvremove LV3
4) Umount LV2
5) lvextend -L 5120 /dev/vg03/lvol2
6) extendfs -F vxfs /dev/vg03/rlvol2
7) mount and bdf.
Are there any special considerations because of the mirroring? Or because
of strict allocation? Any help would be appreciated and I will summarize.
Regards,
Rob