[HPADM] FW: how to write a daemon.

From: JATHAR.PRAVIN@mahindra.com
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 22:25:16 EST

> Dear Sir,
>
> How to write the daemon? If you have any sample script, can you send it to
> me or suggest how to go for it.
>
> I have installed samb on UNIX, shared printer as TDSROLL1. ON windows 2k
> m/c, I have installed this printer. While giving the xyz job on this
> printer, spoolling the file under /var/spool/samba folder. i.e.
> /var/spool/samba/xyz file.
>
> My requirement is whenever any file comming under /var/spool/samba folder
> on unix m/c , at that time execute the lp -d TDSROLL1 command with new
> file. i.e. "lp -p TDSROLL1 /var/spool/samba/xyz".
>

> We are not able to print from windows 2k m/c.
>
> Your help is appricated.
>
> With warm Regards,
> Pravin Jathar

---DISCLAIMER-------------------------------------------------
The contents of this E-mail (including the contents of the
enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s) if any) are privileged and
confidential material of Mahindra and Mahindra Limited (M&M)
and should not be disclosed to, used by or copied in any
manner by anyone other than the intended addressee/(s). If
this E-mail (including the enclosure/(s) or attachment/(s)
if any ) has been received in error, please advise the
sender immediately and delete it from your system. The views
expressed in this E-mail message (including the enclosure/(s)
or attachment/(s) if any) are those of the individual sender.