[HPADM] ANSWER: Replacing B2000 boot disk

From: Bruce Foster (bef@northwestern.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 19:50:31 EST

At 04:58 PM 1/29/03 -0600, I wrote:
>I want to replace the boot disk on a B2000. The Owner's Guide is
>oriented toward adding and removing an additional disk at SCSI 5.
>
>It seems that replacing SCSI 6 is not in the design of this product.
>It's hidden behind some brackets that do not appear to be easily
>removed.
>
>How do I get it out?
>
>Thanks,
>Bruce

For the purposes of this description, the left hand cover is off the
machine, but it's still upright. You are looking into the machine
from its left side.

You have to loosen one large turnscrew (Torx 15) that is located just
below and to the left of the main part of the drive carrier. That
screw is between the two drive carriers.

Then slide the drive still attached to its carrier to the right
(toward the front of the machine), and it will slip out of its
mounting. You can then remove the assembly and work on it as needed.

My mistake was to think that I had to remove the drive from its
carrier first. It's much easier to remove the drive on its carrier
assembly, and then to disassemble it from its carrier when it's
outside the box.

Bruce