[HPADM] permissions on swapinfo

From: bill.thompson@goodyear.com
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 07:03:34 EST

All,

Does anybody see a problem with changing the permissions of
/usr/sbin/swapinfo from 0544 to 0555? What about to 4555 (suid bit set)?

I have a number of users who do not have root access but would like to be
able to see paging space information. I'd rather not set up a sudo entry
just for swapinfo.

It looks to me like it's a query only command. Anybody know why it's
restricted?

TIA,

Bill Thompson
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company