[HPADM] [solved] mod_WebObjects.so on HPUX11 / Shared Library compilation

From: Ben Ketteridge (benk@proact.net)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 04:44:05 EST

Thanks to all those who took the time to chip in with suggestions for how
to solve my problems with out HPUX server.

I have used the 32-bit binary install of gcc from HP to create a PA-RISC
1.1 shared library. (The previous effort on this server had install the
64-bit version, which confused the issues for quite some time).

I have had to add -DDISABLE_SHARED_MEMORY to the CFLAGS in the
Apache/Makefile (and a number of other changes there) and make a few minor
changes to Adaptor/config.h and Adaptor/hostlookup.c. (I can provide
details on request)

Is anyone on the WebObjects lists aware of any issues with disabling shared
memory in mod_WebObjects?

Thanks again for the pointers and suggestions.

Kind Regards
Ben.

Dr Ben Ketteridge
ben.ketteridge@proact.net