[HPADM] Does anyone have a list of things to check in an HA environment?

From: Dave Ritchie (deritchie@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 22:09:17 EST

Hello,
  I am cleaning up some (OK, many :^) ) issues in a HP-UX/Peoplesoft
environment and was wondering if there any has formulated a list of
things to check for when creating a high availability server environment.

Several things come to my mind immediately:
1) mirrored root.
2) making certain both disks in the mirror are bootable.
3) boot string is 'hpux -lq' on both boot disks.
4) don't put archive logs and database tables on the same physical volumes
5) Don't stripe swap areas that are on the same physical disk.

These are just a few examples, and are not meant to be exhaustive.

Any suggestion? I will summerize the results to the list.

Best regards,
Dave Ritchie