[HPADM] SUMMARY: How to attach files on emails

From: Sevilla Simarro, Enrique (ESevilla@uni2.es)
Date: Fri Jan 10 2003 - 07:09:09 EST

Thanks for your response.

Annother summary can be found on the web site.

uuencode [filename] [name you want for attachment] | sendmail xyz@abc.com

Other suggestions ( I will try them later) :

Andy Cranston - Mpack is your friend : ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/mpack/

Madhu - uuencode filename.txt filename.txt | mailx -s"Subject here" user@xxx.com

CEggensammer - sendmail -v youremail@xxx.com </tmp/mk.email

And many more....

However as Eef Hartman informed, after investigatring with my HP Guy I belive

with the latest ELM I can send attachments through elm as below.

To send text attachments via elm or mutt from the command line, you would:

1. Edit the file and preceding the actual text add the following line:

[include text.txt text/plain base64]

The general format is: [include filename type/subtype encoding]

type/subtype= text/plain, image/gif, image/jgp etc..

encoding=base64, quoted-printable etc...

2. To send the mail and attachment with elm:

elm -s 'Testing' "recipient's email address" < test.txt

Thanks again for all the help.