[HPADM] SUMMARY:Instance number of ctl ( controller ) is changin g

From: Gupta, Jatinder P (Jatinder) (jpgupta@lucent.com)
Date: Thu Dec 19 2002 - 00:25:27 EST

Many Thanks to Donald, Bill, Stuart

Regards,
Jatinder--

---Original Message-----
From: Bill Hassell [mailto:pooderbill@mindspring.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 7:40 PM
To: Gupta, Jatinder P (Jatinder)
Subject: RE: [HPADM] Instance number of ctl ( controller ) is
changing

The instance number is the order in which each new device is first seen by
the kernel. In the simplest form, you can delete the device and device files
using rmsf -H, then add the device back using insf -i 0 -H hardware_path and
so on. Do this without rebooting and then check the instance numbers again.
NOTE: always use the -k option in ioscn to speed things up.

--
Best regards,
Bill Hassell