[HPADM] NIS and /etc/group file with excessive line length

From: Jim Gray (grayj@erinet.com)
Date: Tue Dec 17 2002 - 09:08:27 EST

We have a K380 running HPUX 10.20. We began setting up NIS, but had a
problem because of the size of the user group in the /etc/group file.
The "ypinit -m" would not work, reporting an "Error exit code 1". We
discovered that it didn't like the line length to be over 1024
characters. I'd like to use subgroups, but can find a reference for
it. How can we fix this? TIA. Will summarize.

Jim Gray
grayj@erinet.com
Cellular (937)-470-8188