[HPADM] B4153A -> B.03.10 HP UPS Manager II

From: Angelo Collazo (acollazo@tsbrass.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 14:51:05 EST

Hello Admins,

System Info:
HP-UX 11.0 rp5470
B4153A -> B.03.10 HP UPS Manager II

We currently have our ups_conf file as follow:
# more /etc/ups_conf
shutdown_delay_mins:40
shutdown_timeout_mins:5
upstty:/dev/tty0p1

It is currently working great.

We installed a "HFC-22EA" Extinguishing System. This system has the
capability of talking to a serial port via a relay switch on the
SHP(single hazard panel) connected to /dev/tty2a2(pin 7=ground, ping
8=carrier detect and 20=data terminal ready). This will send a signal of
a DCD (data carrier detect) to be pulled LOW when the Fike Fire Alarm
N.O. contacts closed.

Once the signal is detected I need to shutdown the system immediately,
I'll need to have it perform a shutdown -h 0

The issue:

Has anyone out there done this before?, and if so, can you provide
info/cookbook on how you got it working?, or Is there any software I can
purchase to do this?

TIA,