[HPADM] MAIL - Send From Question

From: Roger Realsen (roger.realsen@wareforce.com)
Date: Tue Dec 10 2002 - 13:37:09 EST

Gurus

HP9000 D250
HPUX 11.0

The above server is not utilized as client email at all. We have an
Exchange system in place for our users. Our users do log in to the above
server though and through an application they all use, generate email from
this server. In most cases the application will generate a file and command
line syntax as follows:

"mailx -m -s "SOME SUBJECT" john_doe@company.com < some_file_name"

Now, when the email is received by John Doe the FROM is set as the user who
initiated the program. So it looks something like this:

"username@servername.mycompany.com"

Now I kind of understand why that is doing that. I was wondering if there
is a way to set the FROM address in a command line so that I can have the
REPLY feature work properly when someone receives the email.

Any help appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roger Realsen
Director of IT