[HPADM] FYI: Correct version of QPK now on the HP site ...

From: Rama, Subu (srama@northropgrumman.com)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 08:35:06 EST

Dear admins:
   A while ago I enquired about the wrong depot being on the HP site when
you download
the Sept 2002 QPK. I had to just use physical CDs to patch my system.

I just got mail from HP saying that this problem has been corrected.
Here is that message. I am posting this to the list so that others may
benefit.

It took HP only about a month to correct this :-(

Thank you
Subu

Dear Valued HP Customer,

Our records indicate that you have recently downloaded a version of the
HP-UX 11.0 Quality Pack software product from the HP Software Depot
(http://www.software.hp.com/SUPPORT_PLUS/qpk.html). We have identified that
the version that you downloaded was incorrect.

The correct version of this product has been posted on HP Software Depot as
of 12:08 Pacific Standard Time on Wednesday, December 4, 2002. Please
revisit the website and re-download the software product at the following
url: http://www.software.hp.com/SUPPORT_PLUS/qpk.html.

The physical media of the product (CD - HP-UX 11.0 Support Plus Media 12/02)
contains the correct bundle. If you currently have the CD, you do not need
to request a replacement CD; you may use it to reinstall the product
downloaded from Software Depot earlier.

If you require additional assistance from Hewlett-Packard, please contact
your local Hewlett-Packard Support Representative. We apologize for any
inconvenience to you.

Best Regards,

Hewlett-Packard Company