[HPADM] Performance data collection

From: Ken Felmly (kfelmly@h40a.resva.trw.com)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 12:46:32 EST

Hello.
This is a requirement from our customer and we need to do the same for
NT and Solaris servers.

We are using Scope/UX on the HP's (11.0) and use a script to extract the
intrested data. Creates .out files that are delimited with "|". What I
would like to know (and I am not an Oracle dba) is how would you get
this extracted data to a collection server (rcp, ftp, etc.) and import
it into an Oracle database on a daily basis (cron on the extracted
server and collection server).

Essentially:
client - Cron script to run the extract (just 24 hours worth) of each
server and copy the files to the collection server once a day.
server - Format the data from each server (don't know what that is yet)
and import it into the performance database. pk = server_name or function.

Just a high level of info is good for now, but if you have script
examples, etc. that would be great. This is a process we must do
because someone signed up to do it and now we must perform. I have
ideas, but would love to hear others.
Thanks