[HPADM] Fiber Channel Card for rp24xx

From: Chuck Glover (chuck@fuzzykat.com)
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 19:12:19 EST

Thanks for all the feedback thus far. The general consensus is stick with the HP fiber channel card, and buy used if you must. Just to clarify on why the cheap approach. We are buying the rock bottom configuration on the rp2430 it is strictly for supporting clients and not a daily mission critical server, but want new to keep support costs low. The card is to connect it to our existing SAN so we do not have to purchase disk space for anything more than HPUX.

I did find a listing on the Emulex lp8000 but it does not expressly list the RP series as supported but does list the A500. The list on this card is $600 - $700. I will pass on the info if I find out from someone that it is supported.

Thanks again,

Chuck Glover