[HPADM] Veritas on HP-UX

From: bill.thompson@goodyear.com
Date: Tue Nov 19 2002 - 14:15:17 EST

Admins,

Is anybody running Veritas NetBackup server (not just client) software on
an HP-UX system?

Would you mind sharing any problems you might have encountered?

The Veritas folks are *strongly* recommending that we run the NetBackup
server software on a SUN system.

The HP folks say there is no problem running it on an HP system
(surprise!).

The Veritas folks have our backup team convinced that they will have lots
of problems if they try to run the server under HP-UX.

If you're running NetBackup server on an HP-UX system would you please
respond with at least your version of HP-UX?

That way I can get some kind of count of the number of people doing this.

TIA

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company