[HPADM] Summary: Line printer for HPUX?

From: Greg Francis (francis@gonzaga.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 01:59:54 EST

Thanks to the following people for their responses:

Bobby Ramirez
Jim Gray
Mike Keighley
Denise Newell
Deb Nicke
Rita Workman
Justin Willoughby
Anthony Bergen

Thanks to those that responded to my question about line printers. The
answers were about as diverse as you get. Everyone that responded uses a
different brand or had switched completely over to laser. Vendors for line
printers that were mentioned include Tally (http://www.tally.com),
Printronix (the OEM for HP's printers?), Fujitsu, Genicom, and Citizen
(C.Itoh). One company has kept their HP line printers and have contracted
with third-party vendors for support.

--------

Original Question:

We're currently using HP line printers for our HPUX servers. It appears
that HP is getting out of the line printer market and our printers are now
out of warranty.

What are other people using for line printers from HPUX? We currently run
500lpm and 800lpm printers maybe a couple of hours a day with numerous
different widths (up to 14"), lengths, and parts (up to three). They
currently connect through a LPR print server.

Vendor or model suggestions?

-------

Greg Francis Gonzaga University
Sr. System Administrator Spokane Washington
francis@gonzaga.edu 509-323-6896