[HPADM] Sar data

From: Scalone, Galen (Galen.Scalone@vacationclub.com)
Date: Fri Nov 08 2002 - 10:34:39 EST

List,
Here we go again on sar data. We have a V-class, 12 way, 12 gb, running
11.i, and Oracle 8. We have a single threaded Oracle process that runs by
itself on this machine. When I look at sar data with the -w option it's
telling me that the process is context switching at a rate of between 3,000,
and 10,000 times a second. In addition, semaphore activity is in the 1,000
to 2,000 range for the same period. I see no other problems with disk, cpu,
memory. The question is: Are these numbers too high?
The dba's are saying the process should be running much faster than it is.
They are looking at their SQL statements to make sure they are "Good"
statements.

Any help appreciated.

Galen