[HPADM] Business copy and Legato Backup server

From: Paveza, Gary (gary.paveza@AIG.COM)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:10:07 EST

Is there anybody on the list using Legato server and Business Copy of an
XP512? I'm looking for some guidance on how this works.

We're currently looking at the following:

On application server, put the Oracle Database into Hot backup mode.
On backup server, issue the command to split the BC from the application
server and present to the backup server
On the application server, take the Oracle databases out of hot backup mode
Perform fsck's on the backup server for the BC
Mount BC to backup server
Perform backup
Unmount BC from backup server
Merge BC back to application server.