[HPADM] Volume Group Cleanup

From: glh@dairynet.com
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 09:08:29 EDT

First let me say that I'm novice when it comes to HP systems
administration.

On one of our HP servers, I see a volume group definition in /dev, more
specifically /dev/vgsm07. I get the following output when I issue the
'vgdisplay -v vgsm07' command...

      vgdisplay: Volume group "/dev/vgsm07" does not exist in the
"/etc/lvmtab" file.
      vgdisplay: Cannot display volume group "vgsm07".

This volume group does not show up in SAM either. Can I simply delete this
directory from /dev or is there something else I need to do to clean this
up? Thanks in advance.

Gary Heilman
Dairyland Power Cooperative
608-787-1408