[HPADM] SUMMARY: ImageMagick 5.4.5 binary depot HPUX 11.00

From: Derko Drukker (Derko.Drukker@rivm.nl)
Date: Wed Oct 16 2002 - 07:58:10 EDT

Original question:
I downloaded ImageMagick 5.4.5 and all necessary dependencies for HPUX
11.00 in binary depot format from HPPD.
swinstall runs smoothly, but when I try some ImageMagick-tool (in this case
convert) , I get an error:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't open shared library: /opt/jpeg-6/lib/libjpeg.sl

which makes sense as shared libraries are installed in /usr/local/lib as I
understand.
I made a symbolic link to /opt/jpeg-6/lib, but then the next error follows:
freetype.sl not found. I can make symbolic links from all shared libraries
in /usr/local/lib to the pre HP-UX 11.00 locations, but as you understand
this will make a mess of the system and seems not the right solution to
this problem.

Can anybody shine some light on this and point me to the proper way to
install ImageMagick ?

Solution:
This is caused by the archive center having compiled the different
dependencies into different paths: /opt vs. /usr/local
The archive center is in the process of reinstalling all products to
install in the proper location.

I was able to get ImageMagick work by the following:

chatr -l /opt/jpeg-6/lib/libjpeg.sl <all executables in
/opt/ImageMagick/bin>
chatr -l /opt/freetype/lib/libfreetype.sl <all executables in
/opt/ImageMagick/bin>
chatr -l /opt/jpeg-6/lib/libjpeg.sl /opt/ImageMagick/lib/libMagick.sl
chatr -l /opt/freetype/lib/libfreetype.sl /opt/ImageMagick/lib/libMagick.sl

chatr -l lib file tells file to lookup the specified lib during run-time.
SHLIB_PATH should be set to /usr/local/lib

Thanks to:
Paul van Westerlaak
Eef Hartman
and many others

Derko Drukker
Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM) - National Institute
of Public Health and the Environment
Laboratorium voor Milieumetingen (LVM) - Laboratory of Environmental
Monitoring
Postbus 1
3720 BA Bilthoven - The Netherlands
tel. 030 2743418