[HPADM] Sar data files

From: Scalone, Galen (Galen.Scalone@vacationclub.com)
Date: Fri Oct 11 2002 - 10:16:05 EDT

List,
I have machineA 11.0, and machineB 11.i, both N-4000s. MachineB is
controlled by a different group, and is not directly accessible by our
group. They have asked us to look at some sar data files that are created on
machineB. So...They sent us the raw sar data files. I copied the raw files
to machineA, but if I try to sar -d -f <filename> I get one line, the header
line, and then a core dump. If I do a strings on the data files, I see data.
They swear it is being Ftp'd in binary mode.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Galen