[HPADM] Traceroute to lan3 goes to lan1

From: Joe Crawford (abjcrawford@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Sep 25 2002 - 10:58:17 EDT

Team:

  We have nclass running 11.0 with 5 NICs. lan1 and
lan3 are primary cards with lan4 and lan5 as backup.
lan1 and lan3 are in different subnets. When i do
traceroute from an external box to lan3's ip it always
goes to lan1. The whole purpose of creating
lan3,lan5(using MC/SG) was to route the messageque
traffic thru that interface.
1. Why would it go to lan1 instaed of lan3?

My system has currently only one default route
specified wich is on lan1's subnet. Would that be the
reason? Please explain how i will be able to use lan1
and lan3 effectively.

Thanks
Joe.