[HPADM] /var full...... Help required urgent

From: Prashant Kakade (bastion_in@yahoo.co.in)
Date: Fri Sep 20 2002 - 11:35:51 EDT

Dear Admins,

I am running A class server hp-ux 11i, but am facing problem with my /var filesystem as it is 100% full.

I have deleted all files from tmp dir. and also zeroised /var/adm/wtmp, syslog.log, mail.log, also rebooted once but

still am getting my /var 100% and now it is not writing aything to syslog.log also giving following error

 vmunix: msgcnt 7 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol8 file system full (1 block extent)

What does this mean and how should I fix this.

Do I need to extend my LV. If so then pls tell me how do I proceed

Pls find details of my VG

--- Volume groups ---
VG Name /dev/vg00
VG Write Access read/write
VG Status available
Max LV 255
Cur LV 8
Open LV 8
Max PV 16
Cur PV 2
Act PV 2
Max PE per PV 4350
VGDA 4
PE Size (Mbytes) 8
Total PE 8680
Alloc PE 1398
Free PE 7282
Total PVG 0
Total Spare PVs 0
Total Spare PVs in use 0

   --- Logical volumes ---
   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol1
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 304
   Current LE 38
   Allocated PE 76
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol2
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 1024
   Current LE 128
   Allocated PE 256
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol3
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 200
   Current LE 25
   Allocated PE 50
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol4
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 200
   Current LE 25
   Allocated PE 50
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol5
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 24
   Current LE 3
   Allocated PE 6
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol6
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 1144
   Current LE 143
   Allocated PE 286
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol7
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 1168
   Current LE 146
   Allocated PE 292
   Used PV 2

   LV Name /dev/vg00/lvol8
   LV Status available/syncd
   LV Size (Mbytes) 1528
   Current LE 191
   Allocated PE 382
   Used PV 2

   --- Physical volumes ---
   PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t15d0
   PV Status available
   Total PE 4340
   Free PE 3641
   Autoswitch On

   PV Name /dev/dsk/c3t15d0
   PV Status available
   Total PE 4340
   Free PE 3641
   Autoswitch On

Any kind of help is appreciated.

TIA.

Regards,

Prashant

vmunix: msgcnt 7 vxfs: mesg 001: vx_nospace - /dev/vg00/lvol8 file system full (1 block extent)

 Yahoo! Properties Special Buy, sell, rent...your flat, or even post an ad