[HPADM] Memory question

From: Ronelle Van Niekerk (rvanniek@ecgd.gov.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 18 2002 - 11:04:02 EDT

Guys,

We need to install another version of the application and another Sybse
server on one of our machines but we're not sure if we've got enough
memory to run it all smoothly.

The server has about 1.3Gb of physical mem (obtained from a dmesg) and
the current sybase server is given 800Mb of that.

How can we tell how much memory the rest of the machine is using? How
much memory the current application is using, how much memory the actual
OS is using (HP-UX 11.00) etc.

I have tried looking at top but it is very confusing because ALL the
numbers change, including the real figures and the virtual figures (even
the ones not in brackets.) It all seems a little strange.

Any help will be appreciated.
Ronelle van Niekerk

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com