[HPADM] VXVM error on 11i

From: Ajit Rane (hpadmin@rediffmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 14:31:46 EDT

Hi Admins

I recently installed 11i on a rp5400 sseries server. this is a
fresh installation. while booting the "CVM VVR starting
communication deamon" shows failed. I checked the rclog and it
says "exit code 253, vxnm-vxnetd start failed."

I also get errors for the Vxvm restore daemon.
vxconfigd: ERROR enable failed: volboot file not loaded
transactions r disabled
FATAL ERROR: rootdg cannot be imported during boot vold is not
enabled .....

I tried applying the patch PHCO_25837 but no luck ...

Has anyone come across such error and knows the resolution please
let know....

TIA

Ajit