[HPADM] Strange Problem with Netbackup and Java

From: Mario Mira (mmira@byer.com)
Date: Tue Sep 17 2002 - 12:06:33 EDT

Good Morning Admins,
I have a question for you in regards to a problem I had yesterday (
09/16/02 ) .
Here it's a little synopsis of what happened.
We have purchased Veritas Netbackup Business Server 3.4 and the vendor
was installing the client software on one of our production systems.
System load starting to rise up rapidly reaching 9.60 We could not
determined was the cause was but we notice 3 processes that could not
get killed this processes were from the client software having a
openv/java name I can not remember exactly what the process name was.
Then inetd went down on signal 15.
The other production system were we installed also the client software
did not give us any problem.

Does anybody has encountered a similar problem like this? did you find
out the cause of the problem?
Is there any java know problem that I may need a patch for it?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you very much for your prompt help.
Regards,

 <http://hotbar.com/scripts/utils/bcLogo.asp>
Mario E Mira
Unix System Administrator
Byer California
66 Potrero Avenue San Francisco CA 94103 USA
415-626-7844 x6241
mmira@byer.com www.byer.com <http://www.byer.com/>
 <http://hotbar.com/images/null.gif>
 <http://hotbar.com/images/null.gif>