[HPADM] SUMMARY Core Install & App CDs for 10.20

From: Godbout, Marc (mgodbout@zygo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 15:35:43 EDT

ORIGINAL QUESTION: In 1999 we purchased from HP a new 9000/782 (J2240)
computer with HP-UX B.10.20 A installed. The core OS, applications, and
support CD set was not provided. Can the CD set be ordered from HP? Will
summarize.

SUMMARY: Half the respondents noted 10.20 is unsupported and the media
unobtainable. Suggested workarounds included finding a local HP rep with the
media and copying it. The remaining respondents wrote that the media should
be available from HP. Our support agreements rep was able to arrange
shipment of the 12/2001 10.20 release at no charge. Tim Cook had an
important observation: request the CODEWORDS as soon as possible too.

THANKS TO: Timothy Cook, Eef Hartman, Don Livingston, and Wolf-Dietrich
Schmook. Special thanks to Joseph Salzer and Julius Szelagiewicz who offered
to loan us their media.