[HPADM] Anyone using EMC meta-volumes?

From: bill.thompson@goodyear.com
Date: Fri Sep 13 2002 - 07:39:42 EDT

Hi,

Is anyone using EMC meta-volumes with their HP systems yet?

If you are, would you mind sharing some details such as:

What size hyper-volumes are you using?
How many hyper-volumes are you using in each meta-volume? (4?, 8?)
What stripping depth are you using?
How many meta-volumes do you put in a volume group?
Do you use any type of OS based stripping with the meta-volumes? (e.g.: LVM
stripping or extent based stripping)
Did you increase your SCSI queue depth after going to meta-volumes?
What are you using meta-volumes for?
Problems?
Good news?
Bad news?

We are looking at using meta-volumes for a 2TB database to ease some of the
administration. We currently have over 700 disks, 44 volume groups, and 125
logical volumes. We'd like to reduce this number as much as possible.

TIA,

Bill Thompson
Sr UNIX Systems Administrator
The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.

Contains Confidential and/or Proprietary Information
May Not Be Copied or Disseminated Without Express Consent of The Goodyear
Tire & Rubber Company.