[HPADM] RE: What are these services and do I need them?

From: Sohr, James (jsohr@CharterOneBank.com)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 08:55:10 EDT

The only service of those that is actually somewhat in use is the time
service... if you happen to be running an NTP (Network Time Protocol)
Server. This allows other machines to sync their time to your HP box,
although it's recommended that you use an entirely seperate machine to act
as an NTP service if you're serious about security on the HP.

You can safely remove all of these from your inetd.conf (just comment them
out).

Hope that helps,
   James