[HPADM] Summary EMS errors

From: Rasheed Tamton (Contractor) (Rasheedt@stc.com.sa)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 02:10:46 EDT

Thanks for Bill Hassell & Jim McDonald (Pls see below their comments). I
have already informed HP (because it is under their support) the output of
the resdata command few weeks ago, and they asked me again and again to run
the same command and send them the output. I did it more than three/four
times and did not get any concrete response and this message repeats always.

As it is a diskarray with much data, we are worried some thing wrong might
happen. That was why I approached the list and wanted to know whether I can
ignore these messages or not.

Thanks again,
Rasheed.

--
Can't tell a thing. These messages simply tell
  you to run the resdata program as stated in
  the message. It will have the extensive details
  needed to decode te message.
  You'll need to copy this message on the command
  line and see what it reports.
--
Try doing what it says to do:
Run
/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 232194054
-r/storage/events/disk_arrays/High_Availability/10_0.1 -n 146210828 -a
and Run
/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 71499778
-r/storage/events/tapes/SCSI_tape/56_52.0.0 -n 71499820 -a
This will print a more inforamative diagnosis, it should include a
reference to a HP error code web-page for more info.
It the box/es are on HP support take it up with them after running the
commands
---
My original question:
Hi Admins,
I get the below messages on my syslog.log file some times. Can anyone
please advise me as to whether these are real error messages or not. Is
there any proactive things I have to do from my end. Both are HP-UX 10.20
systems. First one with Informix and the second with Oracle.
Aug 31 04:34:35 nce_5rs EMS [2231]: ------ EMS Event Notification ------
Value: "SERIOUS (4)" for Resource:
"/storage/events/disk_arrays/High_Availability/10_0.1"     (Threshold:  >
= "
3")    Execute the following command to obtain event details:
/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 232194054 -r
/storage/events/disk_arrays/High_Availability/10_0.1 -n 146210828 -a
Aug 31 02:10:31 riy10p01 EMS [1091]: ------ EMS Event Notification ------
Value: "CRITICAL (5)" for Resource:
"/storage/events/tapes/SCSI_tape/56_52.0.0"     (Threshold:  >= " 3")
Execute the following command to obtain event details:
/opt/resmon/bin/resdata -R 71499778 -r
/storage/events/tapes/SCSI_tape/56_52.0.0 -n 71499820 -a
Thanks in advance,
Rasheed.