[HPADM] Summary 2: oracle problem.

From: KRASTEV Zdravko (zdravko.krastev@eurocontrol.int)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 09:24:58 EDT

Obviously I was the only one who did not know that issue.

Thanks to:
Green.Ryan
Rita Workman
Bill Hassell
Ilan Green
HAUTECOEUR Bruno
(Sorry if I'm missing somebody).

I'm copying one of the messages - it is representative for all of them
"
we also have had this memory pb with Oracle. Your are right with the 1.75 Gb
limitation for shared memory segment for 32 bit applications but there is an
good issue for this: The memory windows.
You can find the docs in /usr/share/doc/mem_windows.txt.
"

So the trick is to use memory windows - especially if you are running more
oracle instances on the same server - that is exactly my case.
Well we are working on it.
Once again thanks to everybody who replied.
Zdravko

Here is my original question: