[HPADM] Netscape cannot send mail with LDAP-UX

From: Frank Bonnet (bonnetf@bart.esiee.fr)
Date: Fri Aug 30 2002 - 08:25:55 EDT

Hi

We are facing a problem since we have installed
LDAP-UX as authenticating system.

Users use netscape to send/receive their emails
on a centralized mailhub.

everything worked well with NIS

Since we switched to LDAP users are not able
to SEND emails, they can log on the mailhub
but if they want to send Netscape complains
about the "username" that is not provided.

The username is correctly filled in the preferences.js
file.

I think this is some system call used by netscape
that do not work with LDAP auth system.

If someone has a workaround it would be great ...
maybe some hidden global variable to initialize ?

TIA

--
Frank Bonnet