[HPADM] HP 9000 Series 300 revival (maybe a bit OT)

From: Rumi Szabolcs (rumi_ml@rtfm.hu)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 07:25:07 EDT

Hello!

I'm currently trying to revive such a machine, actually
a Model 310. This thing is a piece of history, just take
a look at the specs:

Motorola MC68010 CPU at a whopping 10MHz
2MB RAM
probably some 1 bit plane framebuffer
40MB HP-IB disk

HP, of course, doesn't maintain any information about
these on their website, nor do they have much about
HP-UX earlier than 10.00 or so. Somehow they do not
seem to care about their history, I don't really
understand why...

What I could use there is probably a HP-UX 5.0 or 6.0
for the 68K platform of course. Maybe 7.0 or 8.0 would
run on it too, but I don't know nothing about the memory
and diskspace requirements... The only "input device"
I currently have for the machine is a 3.5" floppy drive
integrated into the HP 9153C HP-IB floppy-hdd combo box.
So, what I need is a floppy image set of one of those
ancient HP-UX versions. If anyone has something laying
around please blow off the dust and let me know about
it! ;)

Thank you in advance,

Szabolcs Rumi