[HPADM] [SUMMARY]

From: Eric Hunter (ehunter@marsys.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 12:24:18 EDT

Many thanks to those who provided me with help here:

Ole Hansen
Bob Vance
V.T. Mueller

the answers follow:

On Saturday, 24. August 2002, Eric Hunter wrote:
> Can someone help me figure out how to swlist software installed on a
> failed drive? I installed the OS (11.11) on a new drive and managed to

> get the old one mounted under and /altroot directory. Now I need to
see
> what packages ... er ... sorry, DEPOTs were installed on the old
drive.

Eric,

Information on what software was installed onto the old system via
swinstall should be found in /altroot/var/adm/sw/swinstall.log .
Other logfiles in that directory may be of interest for you as well.

hth,
Volker
   From:
        "Bob Vance"

Mount the old /var and use alternate root.
Find out what LVOL /var was (just to be sure :)
    cat /altroot/etc/fstab
Then
    mount /dev/vgalt/lvolX /altroot/var # X var lvol
Finally, simply
    swlist @ /altroot

Well, I guess that you could get swlist to read from the databases on
the old drive, but I guess the easiest solutions is to do a chroot to
/altroot, and then run swlist..

--
Ole Hansen