[HPADM] JFS filesystem corruption

From: LAVERY,MIKE (Non-HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1) (mike_lavery@non.hp.com)
Date: Tue Aug 27 2002 - 07:34:44 EDT

Hi,

I have a MC/SG cluster with Omniback installed. Omniback 4.10 performs alot
of informix backups throughout the day.

We have noticed that the OB DB seems to be getting corrupted, however we are
also seeing JFS corruption as well.
The systems are running hpux11.00 and are connected to autoraid.
they are using JFS 3.1 and fully patched up.

We have noticed immediate reporting set to 1 on a few disks, however
default_disk_ir in the kernel is set to 0.
Also the shared omniback filesystem has "log" set for the mount options so
you would think full integrity is in place.

At the moment we are not sure if its omniback, however it was doing it in
v3.50 before we upgrade to 4.10. Now we are seeing it in 4.10. JFS is
patched and I believe all firmware's have been upgraded too.

anything to check on the autoraid ??.
I dont thin fs_async is being used?.
Is there a benefit in going to HFS or JFS 3.3 ??.

anyone have any experiences here?

Best Regards,
Mike