[HPADM] Summary: OB 4.1 & Fully qualified hostnames and bkup failure

From: jmcdon23@csc.com.au
Date: Fri Aug 23 2002 - 19:10:13 EDT

Hi

Thanks for all the DNS advise. We had covered most of that and
anticipated doing some some thump therapy on those that manage DNS.

Problem solved - a nasty gotcha :

When you bring up the "properties" screen of the datalist and get the
message "do you want to leave the orphan object in the backup"?

1. If you answer "yes" and then change the schedule, hostname in the
datalist will be modified to the fully qualified nameand the backup will
fail.

2. If you answer "no" and there is only one host in the datalist then it
won't let you change the schedule because there is no object to backup, if
there are more than one host in the datalist, it will delete that host off
the datalist after you change the schedule.

Either way , to get the backup working, we have to check and change back
the hostname in the datalist.

Thanks to Nop Siripaiboon for resolution

Regards
Jim McDonald