[HPADM] pixmon

From: Jim Langston (jim.langston@walkerfirst.com)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 15:31:05 EDT

Fellow Admins,

I have and OpenView NNM question. I recently became responsible for our NNM
environment, and what little I know is enough to be dangerous. :) :) When I
do ovstatus -c I get the following:

Name PID State Last Message(s)
 OVsPMD 6390 RUNNING -
 ovsessionmgr 6391 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 ovwdb 6392 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 ovuispmd 6415 RUNNING Initialized. 1 ovw clients
registered.
 ovtrapd 6412 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 ovactiond 6413 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 ovalarmsrv 6414 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 pmd 6393 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 ovdbcheck 8220 RUNNING Connected to embedded database.
 ovrequestd 6395 RUNNING Initialization complete.
 httpd - unknown (Does not communicate with ovspmd.)
 ovtopmd 6411 RUNNING Connected to native database
"openview".
 snmpCollect 6416 RUNNING Collecting 97 total values from 6
nodes.
 DLTtrapdest 6417 RUNNING Running. Check
$OV_LOG/dlttrapdest.err for problems with setting trap dest. table.
 pixmon - NOT_RUNNING pixmon shutting down. Exit(0)
 netmon 6419 RUNNING Initialization complete.

My question is this. What is pixmon? pixmon will start up when we do an
ovstart but it will soon die off, usually within 5 minutes. We have a pix
firewall here, and I'm wondering if that is something that is created/set up
to help monitor our PIX. I checked ITRC and found nothing and searched the
archives and found nothing that related to pixmon. Any of you NNM guru's
got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jim